International Report - Issue 185
03 October 2023
International Report October 2023
PUBLISHER'S COVER NOTE
- India’s 2023 data privacy Act: Business/government friendly, consumer hostile
The government can collect much personal data without consent and restrict transfer of personal data to any overseas country. Graham Greenleaf analyses the impact of the new law.
- The EU-US Data Privacy Framework: A durable solution or heading for Schrems III?
The deal eliminates the burdensome requirements of conducting transfer impact assessments. Ceyhun Necati Pehlivan of Linklaters analyses this and other practical implications.
- Israel aims to retain its EU GDPR adequacy status
- Biometric data as sensitive data under Mexico’s DP laws
- UK-US Data Bridge starts 12 October
- New Zealand issues Privacy Amendment Bill
- Korea: Amended PIPA in force
- Meta paying a daily penalty in Norway
- GPA’s International Enforcement Cooperation Working Group gives warning on data scraping
- Data transfer trends
- Revised Swiss DP Act now in force
- Ireland’s DPA fines TikTok €345 million for unfair processing of children’s data
- European Commission designates Gatekeepers under the Digital Markets Act