UK Report - Issue 115
17 May 2021
PUBLISHER'S COVER NOTE
- UK adequacy progresses but not completely without obstacles
Will the European Parliament’s intervention delay the decision? And how are the UK, Channel Islands and the Isle of Man affected? Laura Linkomies reports.
- How does data protection law affect Safety Tech?
Safety Tech plays a vital role in protecting consumers from online harms, but developing and using the tools relies on processing personal data. By Victoria Hordern of Bates Wells.
- Practicalities of the EU’s new Standard Contractual Clauses
- Jersey completes first phase of a new data protection regime
- DMA advises on Data Subject Access Requests
- Online Safety Bill
- ICO publishes Sandbox results for road use data and public health approach to violence reduction
- Government plans cyber security legislation for IoT devices
- ICO’s work on Children’s Code accelerates
- Supreme Court to decide on optout representative action
- Two in five UK firms experienced cyber attacks in the last year
- ICO is gathering views on anonymisation