International Report - Issue 163
21 February 2020
PUBLISHER'S COVER NOTE
- New GDPR law for Greece
Spyridon Vlachopoulos and Vassiliki Christou from the University of Athens explain new aspects and limitations of this law.
- India’s data privacy Bill: Progressive principles, uncertain enforceability
The new Bill includes several notable changes from the previous version and should be followed closely not least due to the government’s EU adequacy aspirations, says Graham Greenleaf.
- Schrems II: SCCs valid and effective?
- A decade of 62 new DP laws
- How to regulate facial recognition?
NEWS IN BRIEF
- Berlin DPA imposes €14.5 million fine
- Indonesia’s data Bill in Parliament
- CNIL issues whistleblowing guidelines
- Italy’s DPA issues €11.5 million fine
- Facebook to pay $550 million
- GDPR survey on fines, notifications
- Norway’s Consumer Council: Adtech
- Balancing privacy and biometrics
- German DPAs propose GDPR changes
- Proposal on privacy indicators
- South Africa’s law in force soon
- UK ICO delays BA, Marriott fines
- UK adequacy by the end of 2020?
- New Chair for OECD privacy WP