UK Report - Issue 108
13 March 2020
PUBLISHER'S COVER NOTE
- UK seeks an independent data protection policy
Full alignment with the GDPR cannot be taken for granted any longer as Boris Johnson, the Prime Minister, steers away from commitments made in the Withdrawal Agreement. By Laura Linkomies.
- ICO publishes final online Age Appropriate Design Code
DPIAs, high level privacy settings and switching profiling “off” by default are aspects required by this code, subject to Parliamentary approval. By Ben Slinn of Baker & McKenzie.
- What has been the ICO’s attitude to GDPR enforcement?
- ICO looks at bad direct marketing
- Data protection and anti-money laundering: Irreconcilable?
- Governance and data protection – a charity’s perspective
- Confronting the challenges of vendor management in biometrics
- Introducing biometric identification
- Biometrics: Recommendations and questions to the ICO
- GDPR data protection icons
NEWS IN BRIEF