International Report - Issue 168
18 December 2020
PUBLISHER'S COVER NOTE
- Data transfers after Schrems II: Reflections from the Asia Pacific
Clarisse Girot of the Asian Business Law Institute, Mark Parsons of Hogan Lovells and Olga Ganopolsky of Macquarie Group discuss practical issues and geopolitical sensitivities.
- China issues a comprehensive draft data privacy law
Draft PPIL marks a decade of evolution in the direction of a ‘European style’ law. By Graham Greenleaf.
- EU Commission publishes new draft Standard Contractual Clauses
- The UK-US Data Sharing Treaty – a welcome recognition of reality
- How are laws and regulators meeting the AI challenge?
- Anonymization: Silver bullet or just a (not quite) modern fairy tale?
- Norway’s DPA encourages and invites sandbox applications
- Recommendations for better RoPA management in Europe
- Abu Dhabi DP consultation
- France’s DPA fines Google €100 million and Amazon €35 million
- Italy’s DPA fines Vodafone €12 million for telemarketing breaches
- Belgium’s DPA to take down noncompliant websites
- Still no progress with EU e-Privacy
- Ireland DPA fines Twitter €450,000
- EU Commission issues draft SCCs