UK Report - Issue 129
13 September 2023
PUBLISHER'S COVER NOTE
- One-third of complaints to the ICO from property, finance and health sectors
ICO’s few very large fines distract attention from its wide range of advice and informal action in 99% of cases, and policy work in new areas. By Laura Linkomies.
- UK-US data transfers – does the Irish DPC’s Meta decision make a difference?
Debbie Heywood and Matt Quezada of Taylor Wessing look at the impact of the recent Meta decision in the context of the EU-US Data Protection Framework, and what that means for UK-US data transfers.
- Working with non-executive directors on AI privacy issues
- The evolution of the data lawyer
- Reporting diversity, equity and inclusion metrics within the GDPR
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION
NEWS IN BRIEF
- AI education initiatives
- ICO statement on Worldcoin
- Electoral Commission data breach
- Serious data breach at NI police
- Norfolk & Suffolk police data breach
- ICO: 96% happy with audits
- ICO and CMA: Put the user at the heart of your design choices
- ICO consults on biometric guidance
- ICO reacts to Meta consent news
- MPs report on connected devices
- Guernsey ‘adequate’ for law enforcement data