UK Report - Issue 114
19 March 2021
PUBLISHER'S COVER NOTE
- The UK’s new, bold approach to international data transfers
The UK government is preparing independent UK adequacy arrangements to remove unnecessary barriers to transfers. By UK Minister for Media and Data, John Whittingdale MP.
- Adtech and its evolution are back on the ICO’s agenda
Marta Dunphy-Moriel and Alexander Dittel of Deloitte UK share their thoughts about where the regulator may be going in its aim to ensure privacy in the adtech industry.
- Government publishes a call for evidence on Covid ‘passports’
- Are you ready for the ICO Children’s Code and a new IC?
- A big step closer to UK Adequacy
- New SCCs and the future of data transfers in the UK
- Extra-territoriality post-Brexit: Does the UK or EU regime apply?
- All clear for transfers to US SEC
- No representation without the authority of individuals
- Amazon’s ‘walk out technology’
- Ada Lovelace Institute explores data stewardship
- What happened to the BA fine?
- DCMS response on National Data Strategy ready soon
- A joined-up approach to digital regulation
- ICO appoints new Director of Technology and Innovation
- UK GDPR/EU GDPR cross-reference