UK Report - Issue 112
13 November 2020
PUBLISHER'S COVER NOTE
- The controller/processor dilemma: EDPB consults on guidance
One of the first questions an organisation must ask itself when considering its data protection compliance responsibilities is: “Are we controller or processor?” By Emma Erskine-Fox of TLT.
- Enforcement guidance: ICO says it will not shoot to kill
Marta Dunphy-Moriel and Alexander Dittel of Kemp Little assess the guidance which was issued immediately before the much reduced BA and Marriott fines.
- Covid: The impact on wellbeing and use of personal data in HR
- Are mass claims for data privacy breaches the new norm?
- The use of personal data in AI through the lens of data protection
- Book Review: Data Protection Law in the EU
- ICO’s enforcement record raises ‘adequacy’ concerns says group
- ICO issues guidance on Subject Access Requests
- CPS guilty of over 1,500 data breaches in the last year
- Responsible marketing award
- Employees feel more vulnerable to cyber crime since Covid-19
- Facebook faces representative action over Cambridge Analytica
- Government still working towards EU adequacy
- ICO takes enforcement action against Experian