UK Report - Issue 110
13 July 2020
PUBLISHER'S COVER NOTE
- Beyond adequacy – Brexit’s wider data privacy implications
Rebecca Cousin and Cindy Knott of Slaughter and May discuss the challenges ahead, and how organisations can best prepare.
- Achieving a privacy-first Adtech digital marketing strategy
Brands face pressure to protect privacy in their digital marketing activities. It’s not coming from the ICO, but from the market. By Abigail Dubiniecki of Strategic Compliance Consulting Ltd.
- What’s in store for contact tracing apps in the UK?
- AI and the transparency challenge
- Courts will not go back to where they were pre-pandemic
- A Code of Conduct for the charities sector – a possibility?
NEWS IN BRIEF
- ICO issues guidance on workplace virus testing
- UK responds to EDPB concerns over its adequacy application
- Babylon Health data breach
- TechUK, NLdigital stress that seamless data transfers are crucial
- EU-UK Brexit negotiations: GDPR rules still apply
- Pubs, restaurants asked to help track customers
- GDPR review calls for better handling of cross-border cases
- EU issues update on Brexit talks and adequacy
- Easyjet faces a UK ‘class action’
- Legal challenge to Test and Trace
- Guidance on data retention