UK Report - Issue 107
17 January 2020
PUBLISHER'S COVER NOTE
- The ICO urgently needs enhanced confiscation powers
Personal data can be laundered like money, so the ICO is seeking powers under the Proceeds of Crime Act. By Paul May of WebXray.
- Codes of Conduct under the GDPR: Business opportunities?
Camilla Ravazzolo of the UK Market Research Society reports on the latest developments.
- Privacy preferences tool developed for health care
- Protecting children online: Content, age and responsibility
- EU Council publishes position on the application of the GDPR
- Territorial scope and the GDPR: When does it apply?
- Right to be forgotten: EU court limits the right to de-referencing
NEWS IN BRIEF
- ICO’s certification scheme closer
- Scottish Parliament progresses Biometrics Commissioner Bill
- Steve Wood appointed as Chair of the OECD privacy working party
- Privacy International challenges government Amazon/Alexa deal
- ICO delays BA, Marriott fines
- New Year Honours data breach
- ICO launches AI consultation
- ICO guidance: Special category data
- ICO issues draft direct marketing code
- EU Commission task force hopeful for UK adequacy by end of the year