UK Report - Issue 127
03 May 2023
PUBLISHER'S COVER NOTE
- Spot the difference: The DPDI (No 2) Bill starts its legislative journey
Rebecca Cousin, Lucie van Gils and Hilal Temel of Slaughter and May look into the proposed changes which do not mark a radical change from the 2022 Bill.
- DP Bill receives House of Commons second reading
The Opposition criticises the government for not taking the opportunity to bring a real change from the GDPR. Laura Linkomies reports.
- Definition of ‘personal data’ in DPDI No 2 Bill results in non-compliance with CoE Convention No.108
- The UK’s AI framework: Light-touch or the right touch?
- Horizons and sandboxes: Emerging technology and data protection law
- What is the true ‘loss’ to individuals in competition cases?
- Digital Markets, Competition and Consumers Bill introduced into Parliament
- Good With sandbox report
- Ofcom issues risk assessment information on Online Safety
- ICO fines TikTok £12.7 million
- Imminent changes to data protection ministers
- ICO fines recruitment firm £130,000
- Jersey DPA appoints new members
- ICO consults on Children’s Code guidance
- UK applies to become an Associate Member of the Global Cross Border Privacy Rules Forum
- UK to join the Trans-Pacific Partnership