Privacy Officers Network
11 - 12 March 2008
Introduction to Spain’s Data Protection Agency - Dr Artemi Rallo Lombarte, Director
Roundtable with the new Director of Spain's Data Protection Agency and his senior colleagues
Tuesday 11 March 2008
Briefing and Host: Javier FernÃ¡ndez-Samaniego, Partner, and colleagues, Bird & Bird, Madrid
1. Key differences - between Spain's new DP Regulations (Royal Decree 1720/2007), EU DP Directive 95/46, and current regulations
2. Hot topics:
- Rules on gathering of data subjects' consent and the criteria for making data processing legitimate
- Use of data processors/sub-processing
- New regulations on data processing for marketing purposes
- Security Measures in the new regulations
- Binding Corporate Rules.
3. Enforcement - Relevant cases
Wednesday 12 March 2008
Roundtable with Professor Artemi Rallo Lombarte, Commissioner and senior colleagues.