Privacy Officers Network
24 April 2002
The second meeting.
Demonstration of Intranets
- By whom is the Intranet accessible?
- Demonstration of its capabilities.
- Is it monitored
(i) For individual use?
(ii) To gather anonymous statistical data?
- Which countries are covered?
(i) Are there differences in the Intranet sitesoffered to different countries?
- Which data protection/privacy issues are addressed?
- Relationship between Intranet training and other training media.
- Are there different levels of access for different levels of staff?
- Updating – frequency.
- Resources required – human & financial.
- Design – internal/external.
- Practical problems.
- What works well?
- How does your organisation monitor employee:
a. Telephone usage
b. E-mail usage
c. Internet access
- Testing for:
- Does your organisation:
a. Provide pre-employment health screening?
b. Provide health care services and/or counselling services during employment? If so, who has access to this data?
c. Have any sort of employee video surveillance?
- Describe the process your organisation undertook when drafting its monitoring policy.