Making your case in Europe: Defending against DPA inquiries and sanctions
18 May 2022
Webinar to help you negotiate with the DPAs in France, Germany, Ireland and Spain
Date: Wednesday 18 May 2022
Times: 09.30 to 11.00 BST
CPE Credits: 1.5
Data Protection Authorities across Europe are active in conducting inquiries and investigations either on their own initiative or in response to complaints. Some DPAs announce in advance the sectors on which they will focus. Inquiries and Investigations can take the form of in-person visits to companies while other investigations can be conducted online, if the review is of websites or other online communications.
In either case, the more that a company is well-prepared to respond to such inquiries, the better will be the outcome from the company perspective. There are inevitably differences between countries in the way that such initiatives by DPAs are conducted.
This Briefing will prepare you to better understand the different operational methods and styles deployed by the national DPAs, in particular in France, Germany, Ireland and Spain while reference will be made for comparison to other European countries, including the United Kingdom.
Issue to be covered include:
- How do you assess the relative risks of regulatory action by DPAs in the different countries?
- On which aspects of the GDPR are DPAs most likely to take action?
- How do you decide on your defensive strategy?
- If a DPA announces sanctions, what is the optimum way to respond?
- What is the scope for negotiating with DPAs on reducing fines and/or other sanctions?
- On which subjects can companies expect different regulators to work together?
Questions and Answers
Recordings: The presentations will be recorded so everyone registered for this event can watch the presentations on demand at any time
Chair: Gail Crawford, Partner, Latham & Watkins
- Myria Saarinen, Partner, Latham & Watkins, France
- Tim Wybitul, Partner, Latham & Watkins, Germany
- Brian Johnston, Partner, Mason Hayes & Curran, Ireland
- José Maria Alonso, Partner, Latham & Watkins, Spain
- James Lloyd, Partner, Latham & Watkins, United Kingdom
|Online registration||£75 + VAT per person|
To register click BOOK NOW at the top of this page or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks to our host