New Data Protection Law: Issues, Solutions, Action
28 - 30 June 1999
St. John's College, Cambridge, UK
FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, the UK and every other European Union country are changing their data protection laws at the same time.
All of us processing name-linked data in any format must understand the legal and management issues, find solutions and take appropriate action.
That is what the Privacy Laws & Business 12th International Conference is all about; giving you a firm basis for developing a data protection compliance programme.
Many of our conference participants come back every year because they find that this conference gives them a well balanced programme finely tuned to their needs. The programme covers not only the present but also looks ahead to the issues which will demand your attention in the future.
The Conference Provides
- The most experienced speakers including several senior staff from the UK’s Office
of the Data Protection Registrar and their equivalents from Australia, Canada, the Netherlands and New Zealand
- Other speakers including data protection managers from business, the public sector, a charity, and specialist lawyers
- Optimum time and space to network not only with colleagues in other organisations but also with staff from Data Protection Authorities from several countries who are eager to discuss issues informally with you
- Outstanding value for money for this 3 day residential conference, also
available for 1 or 2 days
Innovations This Year:
- Several sessions of detailed coverage of the new UK law including its human
rights basis, authoritative guidance on interpreting the secondary legislation, and new approaches to enforcement
- A unique insight into the decision making process at European level regarding both international transfers and sectoral codes
- Separate sessions on human resources, direct marketing, e-commerce and the internet, auditing, telecoms regulations and distance selling legislation
- More parallel sessions, some in a basic training track, so that you can choose your options according to your own priorities and experience
Last year, we filled all the residential places. To secure your place, complete and return
the attached registration form right now.