UK Report - Issue 131
15 January 2024
PUBLISHER'S COVER NOTE
- The ICO’s new streamlined approach to UK BCRs
The new system allows for a single version of EU BCR supplemented by a UK Addendum. By Eduardo Ustaran, Katie McMullan and Jabeen Rizvi of Hogan Lovells.
- DPDI Bill moves to the House of Lords for detailed scrutiny
As the government makes a significant number of amendments, there is much to debate. The House of Lords questions the UK’s EU adequacy in light of the DPDI Bill. By Laura Linkomies.
- ICO enforcement and focus on children’s privacy
- ICO’s enforcement is lacking in the field of employee monitoring
- Wearable tech in the workplace: Productivity boosting solution or a privacy no go?
- Chief Privacy Officers need strong leadership, strategic planning, and communication skills