International Report - Issue 184
01 August 2023
International Report August 2023
PUBLISHER'S COVER NOTE
- How consistently is the EU GDPR being enforced?
The European Union’s data rules have built-in consistency mechanisms. After five years of operation, how well are they working and what does the future hold? Tom Cooper reports.
- Texas enacts comprehensive privacy law
Jorge Ortiz, Nicholas Shepherd, and Lindsey Tonsager of Covington & Burling analyse the law which enters into force in July 2024.
- EU-US Data Privacy Framework has finally been adopted
- New EU data laws intend to build on the GDPR
- AI and the metaverse
- France: Third parties’ personal datacan be released as evidence
- Facebook Cambridge Analytica: What’s changed?
- Model provisions for DP in Commonwealth countries
- Unlocking the AI paradox?
- Oregon adopts a DP law
- EU issues metaverse study
- Norway issues a temporary ban on Meta’s behavioural advertising
- Off-line data breaches to fore in Dutch statistics
- Netherlands’ DPA publishes policy paper on cyber and data protection
- UK and US announce ‘data bridge’
- CoE adopts first module of model clauses
- Grenada adopts a data privacy law
- Spotify to appeal fine in Sweden
- CNIL fines Criteo €40 million