International Report - Issue 176
07 April 2022
PUBLISHER'S COVER NOTE
- Now 157 countries: 12 data privacy laws in 2021/22
Sri Lanka, Oman and the United Arab Emirates have adopted new data protection laws in 2022. Graham Greenleaf reports on recent developments.
- Apple AirTag debacle shows we need to diversify privacy
Diversifying privacy means more than diversifying product development and privacy teams. We need to broaden the aperture and centre marginalized voices. By Abigail Dubiniecki, Privacy lawyer and consultant.
- GDPR hearing: Enforcement, One-Stop-Shop need improving
- New EU-US data transfer deal agreed in principle
- Netherlands: Major privacy class action dismissed by court
- Enforcement by European DPAs against data transfers
- Dark patterns: Here to stay or not going away?
- Colorado Privacy Act
- China’s Draft Regulations on push notifications
- Kuwait adopts Data Protection Regulation