International Report - Issue 167
15 October 2020
PUBLISHER'S COVER NOTE
- Switzerland’s DP Act revised
David Rosenthal of Vischer reports from Zurich on new aspects of the law which is expected to enter into force in 2022.
- Egypt’s Data Protection Law enters into force in October
It is likely that the law will not be fully enforced until 2022, but businesses should start preparing now. By Dino Wilkinson and Masha Ooijevaar of Clyde & Co.
- Schrems II decision: Cross-border data transfer uncertainty
- Book Review: Data Protection Law in the EU
- Will Asia-Pacific trade deals collide with EU adequacy and Asian laws?
- Navigating Vietnam’s cybersecurity and DP Law
- Competition and consumer watchdog spurs Australian changes
- Understanding the ‘big mind’: The issue of algorithmic accountability
- The scope of California’s Private Right of Action may be expanded
- Draft implementation framework released for Nigerian regulation