International Report - Issue 164
08 April 2020
PUBLISHER'S COVER NOTE
- Indonesia’s DP Bill lacks a DPA, despite GDPR similarities
Graham Greenleaf and Andin Aditya Rahman of Assegaf Hamzah & Partners, Indonesia, analyse the Bill’s provisions.
- Finland invests in European cooperation, prepares to fine
Finland’s DPA’s workload has stabilised after the immediate post-GDPR rush. The first GDPR fines are now in the pipeline. Laura Linkomies reports from Helsinki.
- Canada: More enforcement powers?
- Digital Identity in Africa, Middle East
- Facial recognition laws in US and EU
- Gender equality in privacy rights
NEWS IN BRIEF
- CCPA enforcement to start in July
- EU issues White Paper on AI
- EU Parliament committee on AI
- Sweden fines Google €7 million
- Telecoms data plan to monitor spread of coronavirus in EU
- Google RTBF fine cancelled in France
- Belgium’s DPA on direct marketing
- Netherlands’ DPA fines tennis association €525,000
- Clearview’s use of facial recognition
- EU GDPR review delayed
- Israel tracks people’s movements to battle coronavirus infections
- Global DPAs: Data protection does not stop data sharing for Covid-19 purposes