Doing business in China
26 May 2021
How to navigate Chinese data privacy and cyber laws
Date: Wednesday 26 May 2021
Time: 10.00 UK / 11.00 CET / 18.00 Shanghai - the webinar will be recorded so everyone registered for this event can watch the session at any time
Duration: 75 mins
China has a population of 1.4 billion people. It presents huge opportunities for businesses by way of expansion into new Chinese markets and opportunities. However, China has a robust and evolving set of data privacy and cyber security laws that impact directly on businesses operating in the PRC. In this session we will explore:
- "Basic guide" to Chinese data privacy and cyber laws
- Changes expected in the next 12 months that you need to know about
- Does a "GDPR model" work in China?
- What are the risks for businesses who expand into China?
- What are the key things you need to know to navigate Chinese data privacy law?
- How do you roll out new systems in China?
- What does "compliant" mean in China?
- What are the penalties if you get it wrong?
- Zhen Liu, General Manager of Legal Department, Xiaomi, China
- Peter O'Keefe, Head of Legal, Asia Pacific, Dr. Martens Plc, Hong Kong
- Ken Jianmin Dai, Partner, Dentons, China
- Goodall Xinqing Feng, Attorney at Law, Dentons, China
Chair: Stewart Dresner, Chief Executive, Privacy Laws & Business
This event qualifies for 1.5 CPE Credits