Click image for PDF programme,
speaker list and registration form
Join around 200 lawyers, company privacy managers, Data Protection Authorities and government representatives, consultants and academics from 20+ countries around the world.
For more detailed information about each day click on the required link below:
Day 1: Monday 1st July
Day 2: Tuesday 2nd July
Day 3: Wednesday 3rd July
Click here to view speaker biographies
Follow the conference developments on Twitter: #PLB2013AC or @privacylaws
Click here for registration information
Click here for the sponsorship options form
“The conference was engaging, interesting and enjoyable plus a great opportunity to network
and pick up useful tips and guidance”
Helen Gourdin, DIAGEO, UK
Click here to view the highlights from 'Overcoming Privacy Hurdles' the Privacy Laws & Business 25th Anniversary International Conference 2012
See more video clips of many sessions from PL&B's 25th Anniversary International Conference at www.privacylaws.com/2012videos
"I think PL&B’s Cambridge event is unique... something for everyone at every level.”
Geraldine Henbest, Ernst & Young Global, UK
Politics & Law
EU Data Protection draft Regulation: State of play at the end of June and the Irish Presidency
Bridging different political cultures: Law or Interoperability?
Consistency vs. flexibility: Where will be the room for manoeuvre for data controllers and EU States after adoption of the EU Data Protection Regulation?
Assessing the risks of data protection enforcement action: Navigating grey areas or take the regulators to the edge?
Data privacy cases decided by the Court of Justice of the European Union and the European Court of Human Rights
Corporate Strategy & Risk Assessment
- Reconciling everyday Data Protection Officer objectives and responsibilities with broader corporate strategies
- Risks to personal data as part of broader information security threats
- Privacy pros and cons of processing in-house vs. using outsourcing and cloud services
- Privacy by Default or Privacy by Negotiation between companies and individuals: How big is the gap and how do you bridge it?
- Bridging novel Privacy Impact Assessments and established risk management practices
- Assessing and addressing privacy law vulnerabilities in supply chains
- Privacy and employment issues in a global context
- Online behavioural advertising vs. regulators’ cookie requirements
- US ‘Do not track’ and EU’s ‘Right to be forgotten’: Meeting in the middle?
- Tracking via mobile apps and geolocation: Reconciling users’ convenience, app developers’ hunger for data, advertisers’ advantages and legal requirements
- Personal data as traded assets vs. data protection rights
Why you should come to the Cambridge Conference
Network with regulators, decision makers, lawyers and privacy professionals from many countries
Learn to work more effectively and tackle your urgent privacy problems
Look at models of good practice and reassess your own company policies
Reduce your company’s risk and increase your Return on Investment
Stay ahead of privacy trends and prepare for inevitable data breaches
Benefit from three full packed days, all meals included, in a beautiful classic Cambridge college
“Insightful presentations, a collegial atmosphere and thoughtful organisation of the event made for an enjoyable and valuable experience.”
Joseph Kwon, KPMG, USA
Sponsorship and exhibition stands
Sponsors and exhibitors appreciate their high visibility. They know this event is not an exhibition with a conference added on. Their stand will have high prominence, and will be clearly seen.
Click here for the sponsorship options form
Accommodation at Queens' College (including breakfast) - £81.60 (no VAT) per person, per night.
Sunday night dinner, June 30th - £40 (+ VAT = £48) per person.
Cancellation & Substitution Policy
If you are unable to attend the conference for any reason, you may make substitutions at no additional charge but you must inform us in advance.
If you wish to cancel your booking, you must do this by June 1st. Either an administration fee of 20% will be payable or you will receive a full credit towards another PL&B service. If full payment has already been made, the balance (less the administration fee) will be refunded.
If your cancellation notice is NOT received by us before June 1st, you will be liable for payment of the full fee and will not be entitled to any refund.
A total of 21 (7 per day) Law Society accredited CPD points are available for attending this event and the code is AQJ/PLBU.
“In a constantly changing privacy environment, the annual Cambridge conference provides participants with essential elements to understand future privacy standards.”
Jean-Guy Mahaud, Total SA, France
Future and previous annual conferences