Privacy Shield adopted but likely to face legal challenge
Improvements to the first version include better data retention provisions and an independent Ombudsman, but DPAs are still cautious.
Current subscribers click here to view this issue
Issue price: £75 + VAT
- German privacy law can catch overseas businesses unaware
- Next steps for the EU GDPR
- Will Canada stay an ‘adequate’ jurisdiction under the EU GDPR?
- Can data protection be combined with competition law?
- New Zealand’s Chief Privacy Officer: What does he do?
- Renewing Convention 108: The CoE’s ‘GDPR Lite’ initiatives
- Risk-based approach to data security to continue under GDPR
- Wearable technology slashes injury risks at FC Barcelona
- Google steps up users’ control of personal data
- Privacy focussed identity scheme
- CJEU Amazon decision
- EU DPAs call for e-Privacy law
- EU Cyber Security Directive is adopted
- CNIL gets results from formal notice to Microsoft
- Belgian appeal court: Ireland’s DPA has Facebook jurisdiction
- 18 months in jail for personal data theft in Israel
- Schrems case aftermath scheduled for 2017 in Ireland
- FTC fines Singapore-based company $950,000
- MyTrackingChoices wins Catalan privacy award
- EDPS: e-Privacy needs clarity and enforcement